Friday, April 28, 2006

Jose Can You See...

President Bush doesn't approve of a spanish recording of the National Anthem, which aims to "honor immigrants."

"The national anthem ought to be sung in English," Bush said, so "That we not lose our national soul." He also said that immigrants "ought to learn English."

Yeah I can see where people not speaking English would gnaw away at our national identity. I mean it's not like most Americans' ancestors came from somewhere else or anything...

And how can Bush expect immigrants to master the English language when he clearly hasn't?

3 Comments:

Blogger indefinitelee said...

well yes, the national anthem should be sung in the official language of our country.
They shouldn't be changing the lyrics either.
It's bad enough that we sing "Oh, Canada" when their facsimile of a baseball team visits.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I wonder if Osama is squirreled away in a cave somewhere crafting the Arabic version of the anthem...

11:54 AM  
Blogger theothermichelle said...

I think you and I are the only two people in America who don't see anything wrong with a national anthem in Spanish.

Also, I stand for O Canada! at hockey games, not because I'm pledging allegiance, but out of respect. It's like saying, 'Hey, we're friends, Canada is cool with me.' Why is that so bad??

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home